Musa welcomes Memali RCI, but after GE14


Musa Hitam, who was the acting the prime minister at the time, says the Memali incident is a black spot in our country's history, involving the deaths of our citizens. – EPA pic, August 23, 2017.

ANY royal investigation into the 1985 Memali incident should happen after the next general election to avoid suspicion that it is a vote-catching exercise, former deputy prime minister Musa Hitam said today.

Musa, who was the acting prime minister at the time, said the Memali incident should not be used as a “political football”.


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!


Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments


  • Do not forget you were officially the acting PM eventho' the old man was around for a day prior to his departing abroad. Honestly what will come out of this RCI. It makes you have 1 up on him . Do you think this old man cares when at such age he answer to no one but himself and his maker and if his conscience is clean as per to his reasoning nothing will rattle him on his daily activities. At least he is trying to come in clean by making some amends whether it is for real or a show but it lend credence to the purpose in getting rid the undesirable fully corrupted kleptocrats Government. By the way if the RCI are for just political ammunitions it clearly holds no weightage as the propensity to fizzle off is well accepted. In Malaysia so far none of the RCI held has ever seen a tiny glimpse of anyone being charged let alone accountable with remorseful appology.

    Posted 5 years ago by Lee Lee