Mobile phone explosion blamed for death of Cradle CEO


Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd CEO Nazrin Hassan died from smoke inhalation after his home in Mutiara Damansara caught fire yesterday. – Facebook pic, June 15, 2018.

A mobile phone on the bed or bedside that exploded while being charged could have caused the bedroom fire and the death of Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd CEO Nazrin Hassan yesterday, according to the family.

A message from the family that has been circulating on social media quoted Nazrin’s brother-in-law as claiming that at some point the phone had overheated and exploded, causing a blunt trauma at the back of Nazrin’s head and caused his death.


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!


Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments


  • Never leave handphones or laptops on your bed. The heat alone can cause the mattress to catch fire. Recharge your phones while you are awake. You don't need to use it 24 hrs. Don't keep it in your bedroom as you should take a break from the radiation. Turn off the mobile data and Wifi when not using. Don't keep it on all the time.

    Posted 2 years ago by Chin Tu Lan