Water supply fully restored in Penang

Water supply has been fully restored for 590,000 users in Penang. – The Malaysian Insight file pic, January 14, 2024.

WATER supply was fully restored today for 590,000 users in Penang, Perbadanan Bekalan Air Pulau Pinang (PBAPP) said.

PBAPP said the third and fourth stages of supply restoration involved 99.5% of the users in Seberang Perai and the island. Supply was restored to the remaining 0.5% of users in the end-of-line and hilly areas in the southern part of the island at 6am.

A scheduled water supply disruption of four days was effected to replace two valve units at the Sungai Dua water treatment plant and ancillary work at 22 other locations. All of them were completed ahead of schedule on the evening of January 10. – Bernama, January 14, 2024.

Sign up or sign in here to comment.