Peru protests will continue, says interior minister


Peru Interior Minister Vicente Romero says the country is experiencing its highest level of violence since the 1980s. – Peru Ministerial Council handout pic, January 24, 2023.

ANTI-GOVERNMENT protests that have at times turned violent and left at least 46 people dead in Peru will continue, Interior Minister Vicente Romero said yesterday.

After a mass rally last week in the capital Lima, another has been planned for today by protesters demanding the resignation of President Dina Boluarte, despite authorities calling a state of emergency.


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!


Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments