THE Social Security Organisation (Socso) has suspended payments for the Hiring Incentive Programme (PenjanaKerjaya) amounting to RM423 million following misappropriation and false claims involving employers and training providers.
Socso chief executive officer Dr Mohammed Azman Aziz Mohammed said the suspension was made based on the data analysis and continuous monitoring by the agency’s Anti-Fraud, Ethics and Integrity unit.
He said a probe into PenjanaKerjaya’s false claims was made through Ops Hire, which was conducted together with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) after surveillance and intelligence gathered since May last year found certain employers had made false claims and misappropriated the funds.
“Socso is committed to giving its support and full cooperation to the MACC in its investigation.
“Socso views seriously the misappropriation of funds as the government’s financial assistance is aimed to ease the burden of those who are really in need, according to the set requirements and procedures,” he said in a statement today.
Azman said Socso had so far disbursed payments of RM2.34 billion to 45,379 employers to hire 327,789 jobseekers under PenjanaKerjaya.
“Socso always emphasises integrity, honesty and trust in distributing government’s financial assistance because it involves public funds.
“Hence, employers are reminded to be honest and have integrity when submitting their applications for any government assistance programmes,” he said.
He also added that employers who had misappropriated the PenjanaKerjaya fund or submitted a false claim are advised to come forward and make a voluntary repayment, or contact Socso to solve this problem before any action is taken. – Bernama, July 15, 2022.