Company behind ‘Project Cartel’ was runner-up in excellence award


Kalidevi Mogan Kumarappa

A syndicate, led by a 47-year-old company owner, has monopolised government projects through tenders or quotations worth more than RM3.8 billion since 2014. – Pic courtesy of MACC, April 8, 2021.

THE company behind the syndicate that monopolised government contracts was previously the first runner-up in the Works Ministry’s “Outstanding Contractor Award”, said a Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) source.

The source told The Malaysian Insight the company, owned by the syndicate ringleader, a 47-year-old man, is still carrying out facility management projects for government complexes in Putrajaya.


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!



Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments


  • Cartel created and thrived during the tenure of Bossku's premiership 11 years ago. All in the know closed one eye.

    Posted 1 week ago by Anwar Ismail

  • 1. Have JKR terminated these contracts which was wrongly awarded, I see no reason why the contract cant
    be null and void?
    2. Have the bank account of these people and their family and properties and valuable assets been freeze
    and confiscated?
    3. What are the steps taken by JKR and all other gomen agencies to irradiate such things from happening?
    4. Why hasnt the Minister in charge spoke or comment about these findings?
    5. Have any staff from JKR be given a marching order or transfer or downgrade from their current position or
    downgrade.
    These are the example taken from the people at the very top Najib & company ie dumno & BeeN

    Posted 1 week ago by Teruna Kelana