MCO 2.0 will finish off already depleted restaurants, say groups


Elill Easwaran

Providers of goods and services are still haunted by the spectre of last year’s MCO, which brought all economic activity to a halt. – The Malaysian Insight file pic, January 13, 2021.

A SECOND movement control order (MCO 2.0) will have severe impact on the food and beverage sector as most businesses have run out of the reserves that saw them through the first, said industry players.

Malaysian F&B Operators Alliance co-founder Joshua Liew told The Malaysian Insight that many had used up all their savings keeping their business afloat during the first lockdown enforced in March to May last year.


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!



Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments