Paris knife attacker charged with attempted terrorist killings


Rescue teams at the scene of the knife attack near the former Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris, France, on Friday, after a stabbing suspect seriously wounded two employees of a TV production agency. – EPA pic, September 30, 2020.

A MAN who wounded two people in a meat cleaver attack in Paris last week has been charged with “attempted murder with relation to a terrorist enterprise”, French anti-terrorist prosecutors told AFP yesterday. 

A judge also placed the man – who has identified himself as 25-year-old Pakistani-born Zaheer Hassan Mehmood – under judicial investigation for criminal association with terrorists, the prosecuting authority PNAT said, adding that a request had been made for him to be remanded in custody. 


Effective July 2018, access to full reports will only be available with a subscription. Sign-up now and enjoy one (1) week free access!

Subscribe Now!


Sign up or sign in here to comment.


Comments